Sunday, February 5, 2012

New York

As mentioned in my last post, last week I had a stop in New York scheduled for a super quick layover between Boston and Texas. I asked my friend Jay if he wanted to meet up for a drink, and we decided to push my departure up a couple hours. An hour and a half commute from Port Authority to the East Village and a brew or two in, and it was decided that we'd instead head back to Brooklyn and postpone my departure until the next day. Well, the next day came and went, and I found myself in New York for a total of 2 nights and a long afternoon. This, and the fact that I spent 6 nights in Boston instead of the 4 I'd planned, has thrown my trip slightly off schedule, but time spent in New York City and Brooklyn is always worthwhile. Aside from hitting up my favorite bars in BK, I got to experience a few new places, take a drizzly walk around Williamsburg with Jay and also a long walk on the High Line by myself on a gorgeous sunny day. 

Artsy bird feeders in High Line Park

disused train stop in High Line Park

Vegetation, High Line Park


Williamsburg



No comments:

Post a Comment